Schedule Optimization Tool
Think of it as Rock-IT science for mine planners.
Mining companies constantly strive to improve productivity and profitability. With high costs and volatile commodity prices, achieving these goals requires a focus on reducing economic and technical risks.
Mine planners rely heavily on experience and intuition to arrive at a small number of alternative mine designs and corresponding long-term schedules. Improving the net present value of a given long-term schedule is a daunting and time-consuming process when using conventional methods.
SOT, the Schedule Optimization Tool, allows the mine planner to efficiently optimize alternative strategic options. By this means, SOT supports evidence-based decision-making, allowing mining companies to improve productivity and profitability.
SOT allows you to:
- Significantly increase the net present value of your mining operation
- Select among alternative high-NPV schedules
- Assess cash flows, mine life, utilization of equipment and plants
- Perform scenario analyses relating to alternative mine designs
- Perform sensitivity analyses relating to operating costs and commodity prices
- Perform trade-off studies relating to the fleet size
- Perform ‘what-if’ studies relating to potentially-economic material
- Perform timing studies related to capital expenditures
- Rapidly re-optimize when conditions change